Thursday, March 12, 2009

Trying to be frugal with a husband who thinks he is but isn't.!!!!!

Hubby always complains that I am the one that spends, but in truth it is him. I don't use the phone to make phone calls( I use the Internet to talk to people, I have 2 friends who live out of town) He buys national and international phone cards to talk to people, so there is about $50 a month on phone cards. I can do without the t.v. he can't when he got a bonus we bought a hdtv( he was complaining for months that our RCA 25 inch tv wasn't clear) so instead of a new bed, that we need desperately we bought a tv that he can sit in front of all day and watch.Of course we had to switch our cable service so now we are paying $24 more monthly. He will make pico de gallo for his boss and other people at work because they like it.. do you know how much this cost?? a pepper is $.99 cents, tomatoes $2.99 a pound. Limes.. 6 for $1. All this adds up, and today I had to throw out a mixture of this pico de gallo he made, but didn't put lime or salt in , so it ruined. When I cook and it is not a chicken or fish, hubby will not eat it and ends up making himself food, which increases our budget.
His rationalizing this is that he works hard and he can waste money. When I buy something I am wasting his money. I am the one who can't budget money, or save money. I admit in the past I tried to save money and I was horrible at it, but I have gotten much better, but hubby and his habits just don't help any way at all, sometimes I am so tired of this. Cheryl

No comments: