Thursday, March 5, 2009

Changed my blog's name..

I originally called my blog Mutt Cooking, but I wanted to talk more than just cooking. So I decided on Multi-Ethnic lifestyle.. I consider myself multi-ethnic.. being of Italian, German and Russian background. I grew up eating both Lasagna and noodle pudding and then to marry someone who is from another country where the culture is the exact opposite of yours is a challange everyday. I have become bi-lingual so language isn't a big barrier, but the meanings get lost in translation at times, food, cooking, and shopping is some of the biggest barrier's I have. Finding true friends is a real challange too, My husband's countrymen don't really accept me, because I was born in another country I think they look at me as an alien, and people here in the U.S. are just as judgemental. Of course there are people who are cool , in Louisiana hubby and I had more friends than here in N.C. , and I just got back in touch with a good friend , who now lives in Minnesota, but it is challanging making new friends. I hope you like my blog and be patient, because I can be quiet lazy about posting, but I am trying to be better. Cheryl

No comments: