Friday, April 17, 2009

How to survive on $400 + less a month ..

When I began to hear about the economy and job problems, I really wasn't worried. Hubby's job was doing great, he was working lots of over time and we were doing good. He works in the oil/gas field, how can that be bad?? I should have ate my words. His job has slowed down to only regular time, at best, 2 wks ago he was asked to stay home. needless to say his pay check has gone way down. We were doing really good with his former pay checks.. paying bills, we got digital cable with Hd service, supporting his family in Honduras, buying things left and right that we needed , supporting Ds at college and more. Now I am trying to figure how to live on way less. Because of extra bills( doctor bills, and supporting hubby's family in Honduras) I feel so stressed. this is around $300 a month that we could be using. for clothes( dd needs spring/summer clothes and I am desperate right now for new clothing), we are trying to save up for a new car, and we need to repair the old one, summer is coming up and I was thinking of sending DD to camp( now that is off the table) . Luckily I do have a good stockpile of health and beauty aids,a nd lots of cleaning things, but you still need to spend on groceries.. plus pet needs.
The economy is supposed to turn around but when??
Sorry for ranting, just one of those days.
cheryl

No comments: