Friday, February 6, 2009

Frugal Shopping and meal planning....

Today I am doing part of my shopping and have done my Menu for next week.. I used to be really bad about shopping I would go to Walmart spend $90+ then go to Harris Teeter for things I couldn't get at Walmart and spend another $40 and then off to Sam's club for another $100( Sam's is bi weekly) plus produce. I cut walmart all together and go only to Harris Teeter and spend about $50- $70 a week.. coupons , menu planning has helped a lot. I still go to Sam's club but there are times I spend $60 , sometimes I spend $80 or $100 it depends what I need. I buy some things that are much cheaper there than in other stores.. Here is what I need this week... Olive Oil.. I am hoping to get a bottle that cost $9... It would cost $14 anywhere else.. Toilet Tissue.. We only use Scott Toilet Tissue .. 30 rolls for $18... the cheapest it is near me is $11 for 16 rolls. So it is the same price and going to the other store would mean another shopping trip.. more gas money. I also need Parmesian cheese , eggs, water( I love bottled water) chicken( 2 whole chickens for $7..) , limes, tomatoes, mushrooms, blackberries, maybe tortellini , bananas . The cheese and T.T. will be the most expensive. Everything else is a good deal.. The Mushrooms are $3 for a big basket. The blackberries are $388 a double pint.., and I leave myself $20 incase there is something else I need. Harris Teeter is having triple coupons so I am stocking up this week on things I need. I all ready spent $39 and saved $180 there and plan to go tonight to get some weekly groceries.. and some things with triple coupons. Hubby is going away for 4 days so I don't need a lot, mostly produce, meat items, some specialty things and I am good. I might not sound as frugal as some of you but this works for me and I am getting better and better as I go along.

No comments: